This unique Weather Forecast Predictor Teardrop is a functional and helpful device, as well as a gorgeous home decor item. It will help you forecast the weather but will also light up your living room or office.
The unique liquid inside the sealed tear drop responds to changes in the weather, allowing the observer to forecast the possibility of storms, snow, wind, rain or clear skies. Although modern meteorology is far more accurate, these elegant glasses still hold aesthetic appeal.
The storm glass was developed by Admiral Robert Fitzroy and used on his historic voyage with Charles Darwin on the HMS Beagle.
Fitzroy spent years carefully documenting how the specific mixture inside the storm glass would respond to changes in the weather:
Besides the gorgeous Tear Drop Storm Glass, we offer an elegant matching stand, making it a wonderful gift and a conversational room ornament.
- Great gift for science geeks.
- Predict the weather by observing the changes in the size and shape of the liquid crystals.
- Stylish and beautiful design.
- Material: glass teardrop + wooden base
- Size: 6.5 cm x 11.5 cm / 2.55 inch x 4.52 inch
- Color: white
Please allow 10-24 business days for the item to arrive.